Sales managers are often promoted on the basis of their excellence in sales but now they are faced with a host of other challenges related to people and the organisation. This course will equip you in practical ways to deal with the challenges of managing sales people to achieve quota and for you to achieve your sales plan.
Who will benefit from attending this course?
Sales managers who need to develop systematic processes and skills for managing their sales team.
What is our approach?
To focus the course on attendees particpants have the option of completing a benchmarked skills assessment prior to the training. is practical in nature and uses activity-based learning for maximum impact. There are case studies used as the basis of discussion and input based on the best in Sales Management practice.
The course is designed for 6- 8 participants and combines a knowledge module delivered online followed by 2 days of practical skills development.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Understand why it is important that sales managers manage not sell
- Create a formal sales process success map
- Lead their sales team to high performance
- Improve pipeline forecasting and impact on forecast deal closure
- Use a coaching process and structure to enable the development of sales people
- Understanding the sales managers role- “from super sales person to people manager.” The first step in being a sales manager is to understand the role: working through others to achieve sales quota.
- The sales process: at the heart of all successful sales organisations is the sales process which at its most productive is a step by step customer centric map to making successful sales in your business. This session will show you how to construct a tailored process and how to make it responsive, dynamic and the benefit of linking to CRM.
- The talent wars retaining your high performers by leading and motivating the sales force: How can managers adapt their leadership style for different situations? Building a successful team. How different motivators affects sales behaviour and how to adjust.
- Managing the numbers; agreeing targets and activity, improving sales forecast to deal closure a people and skill issue, monitoring and correcting performance.
- Recruiting sales people: competence based interviewing and using assessments for better quality information.
- Introduction to the sales manager as a performance coach. The coaching model, listening, guiding and agreeing performance improvement.
- Action planning: how to apply the course content back to the real world.